The "digital transformation" with its possibilities and consequences requires intensive interdisciplinary scientific support. The aim of the DP HFDT is to meet this need at the level of dissertation supervision by facilitating an in-depth interdisciplinary exchange on relevant topics between dissertation candidates and teaching staff. The DP deals with the use of information and communication technologies (ICT) in the context of the humanities and social sciences ("ICT in SSH"; Digital Humanities; computer-assisted research methods), and the need to consider the "human factor" in the use, development and implementation of ICT products, services and processes ("SSH in ICT").
All faculties of the University of Graz with a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines are involved in the doctoral programme (digital humanities, information science and business informatics, education, philosophy, psychology, law, system sciences, theology, economics). It was established by decision of the Rector’s office on 13th June 2019 (BZ 342_2019).
Tasks of the DP HFDT:
- Establishment of a platform for theoretical and methodological questions concerning interdisciplinary research on the topic of Human Factor in Digital Transformation.
- In cooperation with the research network HFDT, development of a joint research space at the University of Graz for continuous exchange on the topic of Human Factor in Digital Transformation.
- Involving outstanding doctoral students in a research-related discussion and cooperation context in addition to regular teaching and direct supervision relationships
- Joint organisation of scientific activities (events, joint publications, summer courses)
- Organisation of relevant scientific events in cooperation with the research network HFDT
- Strengthening internationality by supporting study and research stays at foreign universities and inviting guest lecturers
Institute for the Foundation of Law
Department Law and IT
Institute of Economics